Over the years we have seen our moose populations continue to grow. We now see massive bulls every year up in the high country. Our moose move around continuously, but we usually see the majority of the cows and bulls deep in the wilderness area.
Horses are a must for this hunt. Hunters should expect to be hunting out of a remote wilderness camp. If a particular bull has been scouted that is in a more accessible area, we will hunt out of the lodge.
We take these hunts seriously and, outside of all the time we spend in the area during the summer fishing operations, we will also perform 5-8 days of dedicated scouting for these hunts. Moose are plentiful in the area, but the best bulls take some serious hunting! Because of the vastness of the area, even the cows are deceptively hard to find, at times.
- This is a 1 guide to 1 hunter hunt.
- 3 meals a day and lodging.
- This is a 7 day bull hunt or a 5 day cow hunt.
- Pairs that would like to hunt together can opt for 2 hunters per guide at a reduced rate.
- Additional staff are typically involved as spotters and to help pack the animal out.
- All hunts include skinning/capeing and quartering of the moose in addition to packing out the animal.
- Cow moose tags are season/weapon-specific in this unit. The cow tag is only valid for the weapon and corresponding season dates specified. The bull tags are “season choice”, licenses are valid during archery, muzzleloader and/or rifle seasons until filled.
BOOK YOUR TRIP NOW!
Hundreds of miles of horse trails and 17 wilderness camps in prime Elk, Mule Deer and Trout territory.
PROUD SUPPORTERS OF
Operating on the White River National Forest and the Flat Tops Wilderness under a special use permit from the US Forest Service. An Equal Opportunity Provider. Bonded and Insured.